Friday 3 August 2012

Shingai Shoniwa - Who is she?

I bumped into a picture of this lady and I instantly got captured by her look. There is something distinct about her that just got me drove me insane... I was inspired to research a lil more about one of my instant Style Princess!



Shingai Shoniwa is an English singer who is best known as the vocalist and bassist for the UK rock band Noisettes. Though I'm not a fan of "rock", she most certainly rocks her look! I would define it as a cocktail of Afro Vintage with a touch of  Chic and a tot of Eccentric.

Her name, Shingai, means ‘be strong’ in the Shona language. She grew up in a South London public-housing estate. Her father died when she was almost a teenager, leaving her under the care of her single mother of Zimbabwean descent.

She owns this 'fro!!!

One other element that captivates me about Shingai other than her dress sense is the way she wears her 'FRO!

Note, you can wear a 'fro but it does not mean you rock it - ummh, I'm just saying. You need to make sure that everything has to go together. Your hair, your clothes and your accessories.

Please join me in marvelling over this Style Princess...

Perfect picture!!

Shingai on stage! looks pretty cool. Hair; Guitar; Dress; Earring


 Riding in London.


The Hat!!! love the colour.

The picture


I love the prints...

The sunnies!!!

The hat; the dress!

Chic Shingai


There she is, my Style Princess, Shingai. You have to agree, She rocks!!!

Yours in Style,

Vintaligious.Chic







No comments:

Post a Comment