Wednesday 10 September 2014

WcW: Miroslava Duma

The Russian Street Style Queens, all with individual talents!
I've always been intrigued by the Russian traditional clothing from a very young age. When I was in High School, I created a cross-stitch art piece which shows Russian clothing for different seasons. My parents still proudly hang it somewhere in the house. I got excited about 3 years ago when I discovered a group of Russian style icons. If you follow fashion, you will know that the Russians almost always "kill" the Street Style at every Fashion Week.




My woman crush this Wednesday is a petite, elegant and gifted former fashion editor of  the Russian Harper's Bazaar and current freelancer, Miroslava Duma. She is also the architect of Buro247, a website dedicated to different kinds of art. I started following her two years ago at the Paris Fall Couture Week when Ulyana Sergeenko debuted her line. I was so obsessed by Ulyana and everything around her. I couldn't help but notice this cute, petite woman who was with her and other Russian style queens. 

I started stalking her like a 16-year - old who'd just developed a new crush. I researched and collected all information I could about her, but didn't do anything about it (funny). I guess what drew me to her the most is her stature. I guess for a petite woman like myself, it rekindled my passion for styling. Following her squashed the underlying insecurity, and ignorant views that  one has to be tall to have an opinion or make an impact.

Here are some of my favorite Miroslava looks. If you don't know her, check her out. You'll be hooked.

Tod's Fall 2014 cape


My favorite Suit looks








Pregnant looks






My All Time Favorites








Yours in Style,
Nyaxsta your Vintaligious-Chic

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these photographs
Information was gathered from different sources on the internet

No comments:

Post a Comment