Monday 8 September 2014

The Prodigal has Returned - My Monday Inspiration

The prodigal has returned. I can't believe that this is the first time I touch base with my secret space this year. I didn't realize that immigrating would be this hectic! I, however, don't regret it one bit. I have grown, and have gotten inspired much more than I'd imagined I would've. My love for old-school things, particularly clothes and photography,  has been fed abundantly. 

It's Monday today - a day I detest the most among all days! How negative of me, right? I've decided to change this by sharing my inspiration of the day every Monday. This, I reckon, will give be a boost I need to get me through the day. I have been collecting and learning a lot about different people, with different artistic gifts  and talents, who have really inspired me. Looking at a beautiful, well taken photograph of a well dressed lady or gentleman, soothes my Monday-sapped-spirit. It puts a smile on my face, and pushes me to do whatever I'm destined to do for the day. I promise you, it work me!

Today I won't introduce a person though. I'll just share pictures I connected with the most.

Faux Fur + Pearls + Leather Gloves + Pencil Tailored Dress = Winner




There is something undeniably sexy, yet elegant about red lipstick worn with a well-put-together outfit
 .

One outstanding feature which these pictures have in common is the 1940's military style hat. I absolutely adore these hats! Fashion in the 1940's was influenced by the World War II which was centered in Europe between 1939 -1945. Isn't amazing that even through difficult period in our lives, beautiful things can be born! If there's a period I wish I could have experienced in the past is that between the 1920's and 50's. This was a pioneering age of fashion in my view. Trends were born which will last for generations to come.

My Monday's will never be the same again! I can't wait for next Monday to share and introduce a person I've been reading about, and doing a little bit of research on.

Have a fantastic Monday.

Yours in Style,

Nyaxsta your Vintaligious-Chic


No comments:

Post a Comment